What: BHOSPUE#2 = Ben Hopper Open Studio Pop Up Exhibition #2
This is the first event of perhaps a new tradition of open studio pop-up exhibitions I’ll be doing every now and then.
“Self Assigned” is a selection of recent personal photography work.
When: Thursday, 6 December 2012. 17:00 until 23:30
Where: Ben Hopper Studio. 92 White Post Ln, E9 5EN London, United Kingdom.
Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/346460672115303/
From now until exhibition night (22/11/2012) I’m offering SPECIAL 50% DISCOUNT on FINE ART LIMITED EDITION PRINTS on four sizes:
A3 (297x420mm) £50 (instead £95)
A2 (420x594mm) £90 (instead £180)
A1 (594x841mm) £170 (instead £345)
A0 (841x1189mm) £270 (instead £545)
Limited edition of 15, signed and numbered.
All C-type prints, printed on Fuji Crystal Archive Matt paper.
– Prior to exhibition you can order anything you find on my tumblr / fb / flickr or http://therealbenhopper.com/ (payments can be made by bank, PayPal, credit or debit cards)
If you order by this weekend your print will wait for you at the exhibition.
Anything ordered after this weekend can be picked up from my studio or sent by post.
– On exhibition night you can also buy the prints on display (lots of new, never published work) and pay with cash or debit/credit cards
– international shipping IS AVAILABLE
To purchase please email me at email@example.com
Do it, I’m tired of cleaning flats and washing old ladies feet for money
What you need to know:
– This is an open studio event, in my own studio. I’m pretty much letting you in my house. Please be respectful to me and to the other residents my building.
– I am the curator and the ‘gallery owner’ so I can do whatever the fuck I want to. Meaning; expect new unseen experimental non-commercial work.
– It’ll be both Private View and Exhibition so total duration is one evening.
– Everything must go on the night. I’m paying for this out of my own pocket and I’m doing it for 2 reasons – 1: It helps me to sort my latest work. 2: I want share it with YOU. Please help to make this an ongoing thing by buying prints! There’ll be various paper types and sizes starting from £5 – £25 – £50 …and above (if you’re brave enough).
– I’m checking the possibility of having live performances. TBC.
– If YOU have any ideas or questions please leave a comment below or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
#1 – 23 September 2012 during Hackney WickED Open Studios weekend
<Event on Facebook>
As part of ‘Hackney WickED Open Studios’, for 4 hours ONLY (12-4pm) on Sunday, 23rd of September 2012, I will be opening my studio in Hackney Wick to the general public!
I’ll be displaying a large collection of exhibition left-overs ALL FOR SALE at bargain ‘everything-must-go’ prices! First-come, first-served basis.
A0 (120x85cm) black & white paper prints for £5-20, 30×20″ photo paper colour prints from only £20 and Fine Art limited edition prints (framed as well).
You HAVE to come! Only 4 hours!
My studio is on:
92 White Post Lane, E9 5EN
Building 3, 2nd floor, Unit J
Come! Bring pets, grannies, cash!
I will also have 4 prints displayed at The Stour Space in Hackney Wick as a part of their group exhibition ‘From The Shadows’ (http://stourspace.co.uk/)
Check out this wonderful event which is also happening on Fri & Sat!
(from Hackney WickED’s website):
Hackney Wick’s mystical buildings will once again throw open their doors for Hackney WickED Open Studios 2012.
Co-ordinating the Open Studios enables Hackney WickED to take people on a tour through this industrial labyrinth, revealing a veiled but thriving artistic community. A rare chance to see an enormous range of practice and to meet some of London’s leading contemporary artists. This event will highlight the intense diversity and sheer concentration of artists working in our square mile.
Introducing Circle at Circa, A photographic exhibition from FEDEC’s Circle shows at Circa Festival 2011 (Auch, France), now premiering at artsdepot from 28 March to 29 April as a part of The Roundhouse’s CircusFest 2012.
Introducing WickED Circus, a collection of photographs capturing The National Centre for Circus Arts acrobats on rooftops made last December in London’s Hackney Wick, now premiering at Jacksons Lane.
The show is on display as a preview from 13 March – 28 March and continuing to display as a part of The Roundhouse‘s CircusFest 2012 from 28th March – 29 April.
If you happen to be in Milan, Italy on December 1st, you should go and check out this One night sale + Exhibition by Unpublished Magazine.
I’ve donated one print which will be published on the 3rd issue as well.
The picture is from my IN A BOX series and is titled “Two Girls Inside A See Through Dress”: